ETL jobs in Toronto
Data analytics and reporting are crucial to businesses more than ever in today’s digital age. If knowledge is power, then data is the fuel for knowledge. We constantly have clients asking for experienced data professionals such as ETL developers or data architects to analyze data, develop data warehouses, and create an enterprise reporting dashboard. The technical expertise required varies per client; however, the analytical skills are all the same. We always appreciate experience with Azure Data Factory (ADF) pipeline and stored procedure, Microsoft SSIS, Informatica PowerCenter, and other technologies. Please send us a message directly via the form below or register with us online at Search Jobs
Here is a sample of Data expertise we need:
You will maintain the Data warehouse services by creating, documenting, and maintaining the ETL routines. You will have in-depth knowledge of data ETL and data warehouse best practices. Experience with Informatica is mandatory. Your responsibilities include:
- Work independently to Analyze, design, develop, test, and document ETL programs from detailed and high-level specifications
- Utilize SQL (Oracle), Windows scripting, Perl, Java to perform tasks other than data transformation
- Assist in the requirements analysis and subsequent developments
- Design and implement technical enhancements of Data Warehouse as required
- Working with Infrastructure and Operations, ensure that Oracle is tuned properly and partitioning and other Oracle features required by an enterprise data warehouse
- Enforce architecture and standards of that environment
- Deliver implementation and execution of functionality delivered using the Informatica PowerCenter suite both for loading into the DW and for extract, transform and loading into other data repositories.
- Execute service improvement plans for both EDW and Informatica to ensure the current technology stack is current and supports business intelligence services
- University degree in Computer Science, Business Intelligence or related field and 5 to 7 years of relevant experience
- Good understanding data warehouse architecture with a dimensional data model
- In depth knowledge Data Extract/Transform/Load technology
- Hands on experience in developing ETL application from scratch using Informatica PowerCenter 10 or above with version control.
- Experience in Informatica PowerCenter Administration and knowledge of tuning Informatica mappings and sessions.
- Experience in upgrading/patching Informatica PowerCenter is desirable.
- Advanced knowledge in Oracle database with partitioning option and Oracle database tuning.
- Knowledge in data modelling using ERWIN.
- Experience with differences data warehouse and online transaction processing (OLTP) applications.
- Experience with data sources on varied platforms such as Mainframe; AS400 and windows server
- Experience in SQL (Oracle, MySQL, MSSQL), Perl, Java, Windows scripting, ERWIN, Informatica PowerCenter 10 or above, performance tuning